Personal Contract Hire
Personal Contract Hire (also known as personal leasing) is simply contract hire but for individuals rather than businesses.
Personal Contract Hire (PCH) also gives the customer a fixed term contract between 1 to 5 years where they pay a monthly fee that has been previously agreed depending on term and usage.
- Initial payment is flexible
- Choice of including maintenance in the contract for additional convenience
- Cost of motoring is completely fixed
- Mileage is fixed
- Term is fixed
- Profiles are flexible to suit your requirements
- Your monthly fee is only paying for the use of the car
- At the conclusion of the contract you don’t need to sell the car on, you just simply hand it back.
- No risk of disposal or depreciation costs
- The car must be returned in a well maintained condition
- It can be costly to terminate your contract early
- To take out a personal contract hire (PCH) agreement you must have fully comprehensive car insurance
- As PCH is essentially a long term rental, you will never own the car outright.
More Information on Personal Contract Hire:
Personal Contract Hire especially benefits customers who don’t want to worry about the financial risk of disposing of a car at the end of an agreement, with PCH meaning that you simply hand the car back to the finance company. Contracts provide a high level of flexibility and can be agreed over terms ranging from 1 year to 5 years. Some contracts can be formally prolonged beyond the end of contract date if the customer requires. Any queries, then ask us and we’ll be able to advise on extending your PCH contract. Personal Contract Hire and Business Contract Hire are understandably very similar, but aimed at different customers; both car finance options are based on an annual mileage which is fixed and agreed at the beginning of a contract. Advisors will ask you about your annual mileage before giving you a quote, as figures are based on your usage of the car, hence you will need to decide or workout you approximate annual mileage before obtaining an accurate quotation. Once you have deciphered your annual mileage and considered which new car you would like, we can provide a quote for you. Different finance companies vary on their regulations in regards to making mileage adjustments after contracts have gone live, so it is best to be as accurate as possible and potentially air on the higher side of mileage estimates to avoid any excess mileage charges which will have also been agreed at the start of the contract. Both contract hire agreements have the option of adding maintenance to your monthly costs, for convenience and more predictable car motoring costs. Maintenance packages usually provide: servicing, routine maintenance, tyres, exhausts and batteries for the additional monthly payment, also avoiding large one-off cash outlays. Please note that the person named on the car finance agreement is responsible for arranging and paying for fully comprehensive car insurance. The car needs to be returned to the finance company in line with the guidelines outlined in the ‘Fair Wear and Tear Guide.’ A copy of the guide is made available to customers nearing the conclusion of their PCH contract.